Emily Martin LMT, BCST
Emily began her journey as a massage therapist in 2004 with a focus on prenatal massage. The birth of her first child in 2006 introduced her to the nuances of support during the childbearing year. Motherhood sparked an exploration focused on the care of mothers and families. Emily went on to certify as a Doula with DONA International in 2009 and then as a CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor in 2012.
I cannot thank you enough for what you have gifted our family. Gratitude fills all of our hearts. Thank you.
Emily was drawn to Craniosacral Therapy after seeing the difference it made in her own nervous system and pelvic/low back pain patterns after birth, leading her to pursue her Craniosacral Therapy Certification in Boulder, Colorado. Continued studies in Somatic Experiencing, embryology and birth process experiences allowed Emily to add skills to assist the emotional processes that can unfold when meeting trauma in the Craniosacral model. The effectiveness of Craniosacral Therapy in treating breastfeeding difficulties and birth patterns for mothers and newborns is her current focus and guides her continuing education.
- Certified Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist, Colorado School of Energy Studies, 2014, Boulder, CO
- Tummy Time! Method Certified with Michelle Emanuel, OT, 2021
- CST For Tongue Tie with Alison Hazelbaker, 2019, Columbus, OH
- CST for Treating Babies with Jonathan Evans, 2021
- Teacher Assistant in Craniosacral Therapy at the School of Inner Health, 2016, Denver, CO
- Graduate of Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy, 2004, Colorado Springs, CO
- Licensed Massage Therapist in Colorado, 2004-Present
- Certified Birth Doula with DONA International, 2009
- Practicing Birth Doula, 2007-2015
- Midwife assistant at Holistic Home Birth, 2013
- Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA, 2012